Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Revlon tourmaline ceramic straightener?

I have a revlon tourmaline ceramic flat iron, but it takes forever to straighten my hair. My mom says to put it at a higher temperature, but I'm not sure it'll work, plus I am afraid of hair damage. My stylist straightens my hair with no problem. When I straighten it, I have to hold in every place that needs straightening for around 20 seconds or more. Is this just a bad flat iron or should I make the temp higher (its at 350 when I do it).Revlon tourmaline ceramic straightener?
Just to let you know - I have read some terrible reviews on Revlon starighteners! You asked: ';is this just a bad flat-iron...?'; I would say 'probably'.

Here is some advice on straighteners I have been giving girls who ask:



Okay, I have been researching hair straighteners for like 3 weeks straight. You need to decide for yourself but here are the top brands: Sedu and ghd. I know you may have NEVER heard of ';Sedu'; because it is sold exclusively through the world's largest online beauty store. Folica.com



You need to look for one with:

*** Toumaline technology (hair naturally produces positive ions, but toumaline produces extra negative ions and therefore smooths the hair cuticle and means less damage is done)



*** So look for a ceramic (NOT cermaic coated, it has to be all ceramic) plate straightener with Tourmaline infused into the plates.



I e-mailed ghd and they do NOT use toumaline (t-or-ma-line). Also they do not have adjustable heat settings so it remains at a constant high temperature which is NOT good for all hair types.



***So look for adjustable temperature.



*** A good straightener (or ';flat iron';) goes to minimum 200 degrees Celcius.



*** A swivel cord so that it doesn't get tangled and annoy you while straightening.



-I have heard that the brand 'CHI' is VERY BAD, some have CAUGHT on FIRE!! (Seriosuly).



Check out Sedu straighteners at http://www.folica.com/Sedu_Flat__360_1.h/a>



Be sure to read the reviews - they are SO good!!



All the best :-) P.s. Im getting a Sedu.
  • color cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment