Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Will a titanium/ceramic straightener damage my hair?

I have just started using a straightener....woooohooo!!... And I keep hearing not to use it often, as it will damage my hair. T/F? I hope it is not true!Will a titanium/ceramic straightener damage my hair?
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CERAMIC PLATES?





Ceramic plates distribute an even heat preventing hot spots on the iron which can burn hair. Ceramic plates are smooth and will not chip or peel. They work to prevent static electricity, smooth and seal the hairs cuticle, eliminating frizz and add shine to hair.





WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TITANIUM PLATES?





Like ceramic, Titanium also produces an even distribution of heat, prevents static electricity, smooths and seals the hairs cuticle and add shine. There are a few benefits that Titanium has over Ceramic being Titanium is an extremely durable metal which is scratch resistant and light weight.





Even though titanium and ceramic hair straighteners do less damage to the hair than regular plastic hair straighteners, unfortunately all hair straighteners damage hair a little bit. When you apply heat to healthy hair, it drys out your hair, and over long term use, your hair can become very limp and lose its natural shine. However, don't despair! My advice is that you should not straighten your hair every day. It is a very hair-damaging habit. You might find this gross, but straightened hair doesn't curl again unless exposed to water.... so maybe you can go a day without taking a shower if you are really desperate. Also you should condition your hair daily. Lastly, I think natural curls are beautiful. I have naturally straight hair and I really wish I had some pretty curls, but I can't curl my hair with a curling iron to save my life. Lol...Will a titanium/ceramic straightener damage my hair?
That is so true it really gives you split ends like crazy but it is so addicting, try geting some sort of therma seal product
  • color cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment